Category Archives: Vegetables
2 cups singkamas (white turnips), julienned
1/2 cup carrot, julienned
1 cup Baguio beans cut diagonally
1 cup julienned ribs pechay wombok (Chinese cabbage)
1 small yellow camote (sweet potato), diced 1 inch cube and soaked in water
1 small bundle spring onion, cut 1 inch long
1 cup peeled shrimps
1 teaspoon ginisa mix
1 pork boullion cube
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Leaves of Chinese cabbage cut into pieces by hand
Celery leaves for garnishing
- Saute shrimps in cooking oil.
- Add ginisa mix and pork cube.
- Add Baguio beans,singkamas, carrots, ribs of Chinese cabbage,diced camote. Cover and steam.
- Remove cover and add leaves of Chinese cabbage and spring onion.
- Cover again and turn off fire.
- Turn over the veggies to mix well.
- Serve in deep bowl.
- Garnish with celery leaves.
- If desired, serve with sauce made with the juice from the sauteed veggies mixed with sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce , cooking oil stirred over low fire until cooked. Put pounded garlic on top of sauce before serving with Fresh Lumpia.
1 piece longganisang macao (Chinese chorizo), cut into 10 diagonal wedges
1 piece carrot, cut into diagonal wedges
1 small piece sayote, peeled, cut into 4 lengthwise, cut into diagonal wedges
1 stem celery, cut into wedges
1 small head Chinese white cabbage (pechay wombok), stems, cut into wedges
celery leaves mixed with soft leaves of pechay wombok
1 tablespoon garlic, peeled and pounded
1 piece regular sized onion, peeled and cut for sauteing
- Saute garlic, onion and longganisang macaw in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of patis
- Add all the hard vegetables. Cover until it boils.
- Add the leaves. Mix all. Cover. Turn off the heat.