1 piece tuna filet
1 bunch pechay
1-inch piece ginger
1 small onion
2 cups water
1 tablespoon panigang [tamarind soup powder]
1 tablespoon patis
1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Marinate tuna filet in calamansi juice for a few minutes to lessen fishy odor
- Cut off pechay roots. Wash pechayleaves and stems. Boil in water until wilted.
- Remove boiled pechay leaves from pot. Put on a serving dish
- Peel and crush ginger. Put in water where pechay was boiled
- Peel and slice onion as for sauteing.
- Add sliced onion,panigang,patis and hot sauce to water with crushed ginger to make broth.
- Wash tuna filet and put into boiling broth. Cover.
- Turn tuna filet over. Cover.Boil again until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with boiled pechay.